Well it's finally here! My practicum starts tomorrow at 8:30 AM! Our school district thought they would just throw us right in and have us substitute a class the first day while our peers meet with their mentor teacher. So tomorrow I'll be substitute teaching for a couple of hours, and then meeting with my mentor teacher. Then I'll be in her class everyday for the rest of the month! I have to teach at least one lesson everday - with people observing me, of course - and then helping out with the students the rest of the day. All semester my teachers have been saying things like, you'll wnat to keep this activity on hand just in case your mentor teacher leaves the room for a half hour and doesn't give you enough to do while she's gone, which I garauntee will happen more than once. I'll be teaching second grade at Hobble Creek elementary school in Mapleton. I taught a few PE lessons there last semester and it's a great school, so I'm super happy about that. I've been pretty much overwhelmed the past month getting ready for this, but I'm really excited. I know it will be a great experience, but it's always a little nervewracking when the time comes to prove yourself!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Hobble Creek Elementary School
Well it's finally here! My practicum starts tomorrow at 8:30 AM! Our school district thought they would just throw us right in and have us substitute a class the first day while our peers meet with their mentor teacher. So tomorrow I'll be substitute teaching for a couple of hours, and then meeting with my mentor teacher. Then I'll be in her class everyday for the rest of the month! I have to teach at least one lesson everday - with people observing me, of course - and then helping out with the students the rest of the day. All semester my teachers have been saying things like, you'll wnat to keep this activity on hand just in case your mentor teacher leaves the room for a half hour and doesn't give you enough to do while she's gone, which I garauntee will happen more than once. I'll be teaching second grade at Hobble Creek elementary school in Mapleton. I taught a few PE lessons there last semester and it's a great school, so I'm super happy about that. I've been pretty much overwhelmed the past month getting ready for this, but I'm really excited. I know it will be a great experience, but it's always a little nervewracking when the time comes to prove yourself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Don't stress! You will do wonderful! It's so nice to finally begin teaching daily after all that studying!
Oh Heather!! You are going to do Great!! So yesterday was your first day! How did it go? I'm so excited for you!!! You are so awesome! Ican't wait to hear all about it! love you
take care
Post a Comment