Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

Last Saturday we had a big one-year-old birthday party for Matthew. It was a blast! Ricky's sisters made him this gigantic cake and cute little cupcakes for everyone else. Mason was obsessed with the cupcakes. Brooke insisted he had to eat at least three bites of soup before he could have one, but Mason only had eyes for one thing. Instead of eating his soup he just sat at the table for a solid hour staring at the cupcakes, or "pancakes" as he called them, with his hand on his cheek, saying, "hmmmm, let's see..." It was sooooo funny! This kid is hilarious!

Nice try Aunt Cheryl!

Check out this look of determination! This kid knows what he wants!

Brooke would not let him eat any without eating something for dinner. She tried bargaining for a roll, and finally a handful of chips, but he was not going to back down! In the end grandpa won him over by dipping his chips in ice cream.
Here's Matthew with his giant cake! He loved it!



Emma made Matthew a card. What a great big sister!

Mason was pretty excited about Matthew's presents...
Grandma and Grandpa gave Matthew and Afton matching books. These books are awesome! I'm not going to lie, I have a tendency to stop and play with them every time I have to walk through the bookstore.




I love my adorable nieces and nephews!

1 comment:

Bradleyfamily said...

Wow nThat looks like you all had a great time! Sometimes it's hard to see all of you having so much fun without me! But I would rather see the pictures and hear about it then, not hear about it! Thanks for sharing! You are such a great loving Aunt!
Bailey really loved the pictures too! Love you