Friday, November 7, 2008
Dreams
My whole life I've been dreaming of growing up, going to college, having roommates, and dating boys. I watched my older sisters at this time in their lives and thought they were so cool! Then when I got here I became so busy and caught up in the decisions I'll have to make in the next couple of years that I haven't really taken time to think about life beyond that. So, a couple of weeks ago I wrote down some dreams. Basically I only got as far as a list of things that I'm excited to do with my own children and my nieces and nephews when I grow up. I thought I would share some thoughts. I want to be cool. My whole life. I want to be the cool mom that all the neighborhood kids love, and the cool aunt that the nieces and nephews want to spend a week with in the summer, and the person who's house everyone wants Thanksgiving dinner to be at. With my kids I'll hold art lessons, cooking lessons, build treehouses, build cities in sandboxes, put on plays, read books, paint, make jam and applesauce, bake bread. I want to make short films, sock puppets, stick horses, doll houses, moccasins, and dress ups. We'll harvest from my garden, pick wild blackberries, go exploring, have treasure hunts with treasure maps with burnt edges, play ultimate-hide-and-go-seek, build snowmen, go sledding, do science experiments, create a dance of the water cycle (yes, this is possible, I made a lesson plan for it just the other day), go hiking, and ride our bikes. There is also the distinct possibility of learning how to weave rugs and quilt. And field trips, there will definitely be field trips. A lot of this stuff I did with my mom when I was a kid, a lot of it I just want to do. And now I have things to dream about and look forward to for the next few years. That makes me happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
all such wonderful goals!!! you are going to a awesome mom heather! i have no doubt that you will do all of these things and more!
Heather! I love you! I saved so many great pictures of our cousins and family from your blog alone!
I wish I would have come here sooner! YOu update this like crazy! I never update mine (Matthew's is updated though!)
love ya!
I love that Heather! You are so great!! Ilove how great you are with kids!! You are SO great with kids!! I love you!
Post a Comment